Here is a bit of what we have been up to over the last week.
New winter coats were finally purchased. We have had some pretty cold days and I didn't want people glaring at me when I took the kids out in public (just kidding, no glares :)). This year everyone needed all new snow gear. Some years, we get a hand-me-down and other years something still fits from the previous year. However, this was not one of those years. I was rather dreading shopping and knew I would rack up quite a total. First blessing was the fact that everything was on sale. Second, as the cashier was ringing me up she commiserated with me as to how expensive it is to outfit everyone for the winter. As she was talking, she remembered that a previous customer had left behind a coupon and that she would like to give it to me. Thank you Lord! I was so thankful to begin with that we could afford to purchase all that we needed and then paused to reflect on how good God is, even in those little things. Tears came to my eyes and I quickly finished my purchase as I thanked the employee and moved quickly from the store so she didn't think that I was a crazy, crying-over-a-coupon lady. :)
Andrea let me borrow these books and I absolutely love them. They are a must have!! All three kids have really enjoyed them and I love them being inspired by the lives of those written about in these books.
So thoughtful that everyone from church sent flowers and chocolate. Loved the delivery, but loved the thought behind the gifts even more.
No official naps this week. Bedtime has been a bit of a struggle, so she has now graduated to "rest time". She absolutely loves the quiet time to read and play. However, after about a half hour of toys and books, she has fallen asleep for a short time. Seems to be working. Bedtime has been much smoother!
George Washington was the history theme this week. I think I am loving U.S. History as much as the kids are!
No comments:
Post a Comment