Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weeks End and Weekend


He found Dad's binoculars in the car. He has now claimed them as his. :)


Daily, I am receiving quite the attention to my hair. I am doing my best to remember not to go out in public before checking in the mirror.


When you just don't feel like working on recognizing all of your letters, you just use your flash cards to "decorate".


We are LOVING "Liberty's Kids" and have been watching an episode almost daily as we work our way through The Boston Tea Party, The Intolerable Acts, The Declaration of Independence, etc.


Insisting that she knows how to play Mario Brothers...



A few weeks ago "Apples to Apples Junior" was the favorite game. We have now been playing lots of Quirkle. Can't believe I let it sit for so long in the closet at home. So fun!


One of the dessert nights last week had us trying out a new pumpkin bar recipe. The kids loved it, but I thought it needed a thick layer of cream cheese frosting (the recipe called for is, but my cream cheese froze and then thawed and was totally unusable...ugh). What isn't better with a thick layer of frosting?!?




Isaac wanted to make sure that everyone knew he was, once again, the winner of a game that he and I played. The evidence is both above and below my typing. I cannot deny...




Yummy and easy Potato Soup for lunch Saturday afternoon (at least I thought so :)).


After realizing that her brother and sister were not going to finish their soup, she seized upon the opportunity to finish not only hers, but theirs as well. At least someone agreed with me that the soup was yummy!!


Wrapping up week three and heading into week four.




The kids have done such a great job sitting quietly while I run. The promise of a swim afterward is definitely making it easier for them to wait patiently. Sounds like a win-win situation to me!



New toys and games.



Groceries for the week and some goodies to do some cooking for Andrea.



1 comment:

  1. What a great post! The new recipes, groceries, games, etc. remind me of our week together. That potato soup looks great.

    ReplyDelete