A couple of weeks ago we went hiking with a family that we do a small science-based homeschool co-op with every other week. We had been studying plant classification at home and decided to meet for a morning of hiking. While we hiked we gathered various plant material and had some fun with it at home. It was a beautiful day and hike and we are looking forward to doing lots more this summer!!
All of the kids with only Kate missing due to the fact that I was carrying her in the Ergo. We were really high at this point and the kids were enjoying sitting on the rock and looking out over the tops of the trees.
After the hike, which was a little over 2 miles, the kids had a quick snack before we hopped in the cars and headed out.
Isabelle decided she wanted to make a placemat with the leaves she had gathered.
Isaac worked on various bookmarks.
Great pictures! That co-op is so great...you guys are doing fun things and learning so much together! Glad you have that opportunity! You guys collected lots of plants! Cool! I love Isabelle's placemat!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful view. Wish we were there. BTW I did look up theme parks in CT just.in.case:)
ReplyDeleteIsabelle's placemat turned out so nice! Isn't homeschool so great? I love real life learning combined with book learning.
ReplyDelete