Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day Parade

I absolutely love our little town parade and will look forward to going every year!! Although, this is the first year we have been to the parade as residents, we have enjoyed the parade a few times in the past with friends and have always loved it. This year, the weather was beautiful, Isaac was marching for the first time and we had a blast. I hope those around me weren't concerned about my mental state as I found myself teary when the firemen passed, when the veteran's passed, when the re-enactors passed and definitely when Isaac passed. :) What a great way to spend an afternoon!!

We arrived at the parade route about 45 minutes before things kicked off and the girls enjoyed a lollipop while we waited. They didn't want to eat too much since they were looking forward to the candy that would be thrown from the marchers during the parade.




Isaac thought this car was pretty cool.


Love these ladies and their outfits.


Great tree farm where we cut our own Christmas tree this past year.


Isaac loved throwing candy with some of his soccer team members. He tried to throw a little extra to his sisters. I think he was counting on the fact that they would set aside some for him. :)



3 comments:

  1. Cool! Great pictures! I love that Kate has a purse on her arm! :o) Is that to haul her candy stash home? How fun for Isaac to get to march and throw candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun this is!! What good family memories-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh Steph...a purse to haul her candy stash in!!! That was sweet of Isaac to throw extra to his sisters. Kate looks so much like Isabelle. All three of your children are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete