Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Soccer

We took the month of April off of school and it seems that lack of schedule has found me here and realizing that it has been almost a MONTH since I last added a post. Enjoy some pictures from the first few Spring Soccer events. It started out cold, but this past Saturday was absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to watching them again tonight. This is the last year of fun and instruction combined. They don't play traditional games, but rather spend their time twice a week refining their skills, learning new skills and scrimmaging within their own team. So fun to watch!!



Isaac's coaches this year are a husband/wife team and are great with the boys.

These types of pictures remind me of what I love most about young kids and sports. Quite often their focus isn't exactly on the game. :)


She can't wait for the fall season. You have to be 5 to play, so Spring season wasn't an option. She keeps herself occupied "practicing" on the sidelines.


Hoping we can shed the winter coats for good soon!


When kicking the soccer ball wore her out, she found some beautiful flowers to pick.

Kate loves following her Daddy around. Maybe she will even share her goldfish.

Isaac says that playing goalie is definitely his favorite position.




Fierce. :)

The girl pictured here is from the British Challengers. A group of the Challengers is helping out during practices and games and working alongside of the coaches to help with all of those skills. They are quite the celebrities as far as the kids are concerned. I think they just like her accent.


Sometimes, you gotta sacrifice your body for the good of the team. :)

It wouldn't be a sport without a cheerleader on the side, now would it?!?!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics!! Good job, Isaac! And, I LOVE the one of the cheerleader! Can't wait to see how Isabelle does with soccer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that:) We are sooo glad to be out of our winter coats now! I think I've decided summer is my favorite season as we are doing more sports now. It is much easier to get to the game with all the gear and such-not having to forget the winter coats makes it that much easier!Isabelle has hair that is beautiful and longer each time we see pics! Great job Isaac - way to stay on top of the ball:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I especially love the one of Isabelle with the "beautiful flowers". As the recipient of many of these "beautiful flowers" myself, I can truly appreciate the joy that they bring to little girls! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle looks so beautiful and much like you with her flowers. The picture where Kate is following Dean is precious too.

    ReplyDelete